We can solve your diesel engine problems at a fair price and within a short period. Don't let a problem with your diesel engine escalate into a significant repair that ultimately costs you money.
We are more than often the 3rd Mechanic you call out of your frustration because you have already spent lots of money elsewhere with no result, and you’ve found us on YouTube.
Check our YouTube site; you may find your issue there. https://youtu.be/gddZsyj5gbg is a link to our YouTube channel. This one is a short informative video.
Call us at (02) 9907 6662 or Book a Service, and we will get you running again.
PT Precision Auto specialises in a wide range of diesel services, encompassing Common Rail diesel, High-pressure diesel, and Low-pressure diesel. We boast a Common Rail Diesel Injection test bench for Diesel injector testing, which is capable of handling up to 4500 different types of diesel injectors.
We also have many specialised Hydraulic pulling systems to remove stuck injectors and high-pressure pump testing equipment. This significant achievement sets us apart from others in the industry, and we also extend these services to our trade customers.
Diesel engine servicing is essential for maintaining your vehicle's performance, efficiency, and longevity. Here are some reasons why diesel engine servicing is crucial:
- Improve Fuel Efficiency: Diesel engines require regular maintenance to function at their best. Dirty air filters, worn-out fuel injectors, and clogged filters can reduce fuel efficiency. Regular servicing can help ensure that these components function correctly, improving your vehicle's fuel economy.
- Reduce Emissions: Diesel engines can produce harmful emissions, such as particulate matter and nitrogen oxides, which can harm the environment and human health. Regular diesel engine servicing can reduce these emissions by keeping the engine running efficiently and ensuring the exhaust system works correctly.
- Extend Engine Life: Diesel engines are designed to be durable and long-lasting, but they still require regular maintenance to keep them running smoothly. Regular servicing can help identify and address issues before they become significant problems, which can extend the life of your engine.
- Avoid Costly Repairs: Neglecting diesel engine servicing can lead to more significant and expensive repairs down the road. Regular maintenance can help catch problems early on, preventing them from becoming more severe and costly.
- Ensure Safety: A poorly maintained diesel engine can pose a safety risk to you and other drivers on the road. Faulty brakes, worn-out tires, and malfunctioning lights can all put you at risk of an accident. Regular diesel engine servicing can help ensure your vehicle is in safe working condition.
In conclusion, diesel engine servicing is crucial for maintaining your vehicle's performance, efficiency, and safety. By investing in regular servicing, you can save money in the long run, avoid costly repairs, and keep your diesel engine running smoothly years to come.
Several common problems can occur with automotive diesel engines. Here are some of them:
- Fuel injection system problems: The fuel injection system is a critical part of a diesel engine, which can cause starting and running issues. Common issues include clogged or worn injectors, fuel pump failure, and air in the fuel system.
- Glow plug failure: Diesel engines rely on glow plugs to help start the machine, and if they fail, it can cause starting problems, especially in cold weather.
- Turbocharger problems: Turbochargers are used to increase the power output of a diesel engine, but they can also fail due to wear and tear or lack of maintenance. Common issues include oil leaks, worn bearings, and damaged fins.
- EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) system problems: EGR systems are designed to reduce emissions but can also cause problems when they become clogged or fail.
- Cooling system problems: Diesel engines generate heat; if the cooling system fails, it can cause engine damage. Common issues include leaks, clogs, and thermostat failure.
- Electrical problems: Diesel engines rely on a complex electrical system, and problems can occur with the battery, alternator, starter motor, or wiring, which can cause starting and running issues.
- Oil and filter issues: Regular oil and filter changes are essential for a diesel engine's health, and if they are neglected, they can cause engine damage and reduced performance. Common issues include clogged filters, low oil levels, and dirty oil.
It's essential to keep up with regular maintenance and address any issues promptly to keep your diesel engine running smoothly.
Book a service for your vehicle or Contact Us for more information.